Monday, July 23, 2007

Byline: Charles S. Lauer

Unlikely pair find a cure; How applying theories that aid factories can help turn around hospitals.(Lauer's Letter)(Letter to the editor)

Byline: Charles S. Lauer

There are so many books about the healthcare industry that I often wonder who has the time to sort through them all. I must get a couple of dozen new ones a year. Most of these I set aside, thinking I might come back to them, but I seldom do. Occasionally, however, there is one that I pick up and have trouble putting down. One recent such book is The Nun and the Bureaucrat-How They Found an Unlikely Cure for America's Sick Hospitals by Louis Savary, a statistician and theologian, and Clare Crawford-Mason, a journalist.

The book has a powerful ...

Read the rest of this article

No comments: